hey mom Sorry I told you I couldn't email until next Monday . It turns out they let us email today because we leave to the field tomorrow. However my p day is Monday from now on! Yesterday was very spiritual. I was able to fast and bear my testimony. Then we watched a devotional performance thing to celebrate blacks getting the priesthood. I'm not going to lie, it seemed very strange to me. They were in the general conference room, but they were dancing around and singing/ dancing, and clapping to the beat like southern baptists. They were even yelling out like AMEN and PRAISE THE LORD, and just stuff like that. They sang some church songs and to me it felt like reverence and respect to the song was taken out. It felt like they were singing to praise and emphasize their own voice and skill instead of the message and spirit of the song itself. But mybe its just a culture thing. I'm sure its alright because President Nelson was there soo I guess its okay. We later hea...
Hello Friends! Okay lets see. Well for almost the entire week I was not with my companion haha. He and Elder Viatu'ulala got permission to travel to one of their previous areas to see their people. Soooo for me I stayed behind in my area with Elder Olsen. This week was pretty fun though. We were able to see a lot of members and one of them wants us to come every Wednesday to help her make a new treat every week. So this last Wednesday we made no bake cookies. Ghanaians don't really like sugar though so I don't think it was her favorite, but her kids loved it! This week she requested for us to teach her how to make meat pie, soo thats what I think I, will do. Other than that this week we also had three baptisms. Two of them are the kids of an older lady we baptized about 3 weeks ago, and one is a part member and the mother wanted us to baptize him. I'm not sure why she waited so long (HE'S 10), but we were happy to do it. Immediately after the baptism we...
From returning from a foreign country we were all required to be in self-quarantine. Your dad continued to work and just monitored his health closely. The rest of us including Tyson hung out at home for two weeks together. The weather was gorgeous and it was actually quite a pleasant experience! You originally planned to stay until my birthday (the 19th) but ultimately decided to drive to Utah when Tyson left so he could help transport your stuff. It was great having you boys home but once you've had a taste of independent living, it's hard to go back to being at home. We totally get that. We will take what we get, when we get it! Welcome home Tanner! It's wonderful to have the whole Pace family back in the same country together! (Brittany made the computer graphic rendition of our family for my birthday)
Comments
Post a Comment