Tanner is currently serving as a Zone Leader so is in charge of planning zone activities. For this one he organized a bunch of minute to win it style games and had a bracket to record their scores etc.
hey mom Sorry I told you I couldn't email until next Monday . It turns out they let us email today because we leave to the field tomorrow. However my p day is Monday from now on! Yesterday was very spiritual. I was able to fast and bear my testimony. Then we watched a devotional performance thing to celebrate blacks getting the priesthood. I'm not going to lie, it seemed very strange to me. They were in the general conference room, but they were dancing around and singing/ dancing, and clapping to the beat like southern baptists. They were even yelling out like AMEN and PRAISE THE LORD, and just stuff like that. They sang some church songs and to me it felt like reverence and respect to the song was taken out. It felt like they were singing to praise and emphasize their own voice and skill instead of the message and spirit of the song itself. But mybe its just a culture thing. I'm sure its alright because President Nelson was there soo I guess its okay. We later hea...
Hello Friends! Okay lets see. Well for almost the entire week I was not with my companion haha. He and Elder Viatu'ulala got permission to travel to one of their previous areas to see their people. Soooo for me I stayed behind in my area with Elder Olsen. This week was pretty fun though. We were able to see a lot of members and one of them wants us to come every Wednesday to help her make a new treat every week. So this last Wednesday we made no bake cookies. Ghanaians don't really like sugar though so I don't think it was her favorite, but her kids loved it! This week she requested for us to teach her how to make meat pie, soo thats what I think I, will do. Other than that this week we also had three baptisms. Two of them are the kids of an older lady we baptized about 3 weeks ago, and one is a part member and the mother wanted us to baptize him. I'm not sure why she waited so long (HE'S 10), but we were happy to do it. Immediately after the baptism we...
Since we have been having church services at home for the past three weeks and for the next forseeable future, we decided to do a video of Tanner's homecoming to post for family and friends. He wanted to do it in a "Face to Face" style where he answered questions. I reached out for people to submit questions and then we compiled a list, grouping similar questions together. He actually spent an hour answering the different questions but he did a great job and I enjoyed listening to his experiences and his testimony. Then later that day 14 ward families came by waving and honking their horns and calling out from their cars to welcome Tanner home. It wasn't the typical homecoming we have come to expect BUT it was still wonderful to celebrate the service of this young man with loved ones! Sister Waite, a photographer from our stake, was doing a "Front Porch" project where she would drive by and take a picture from a distanc...
Comments
Post a Comment